Sunday, January 05, 2014

Simplicity 1717 #2

I love my corduroy version of Simplicity 1717 and wore it a lot in winter. I found this great denim, not too dark, not too light at Textile Traders recently and thought it would make a good summer version of the skirt. The only change I made was to the pockets, I upsized the pockets from the Parfait Dress and used them instead of the ones from the pattern.
I made this two weeks ago and I have already worn it four or five times. I have noticed the t-shirts I wear with it are a little old and thin so making new t-shirts is on my list of things to do soon.
Have you seen Pip's Year of Ethical Fashion pledge? Such a great idea to really think about where your clothes are coming from, how they are made and how they get to you.

2 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

A great skirt needs the perfect pair of shoes!

A-L said...

What a great skirt! adn I love those pockets:-)