Wednesday, January 22, 2014

In Threes

It has been hot, but I still like to knit while I watch TV at night. So I need to knit things that aren't too heavy or big. I have a few random skeins of Malabrigo in the stash and I know a few people have made an In Threes Cardigan from just one skein. 
The pattern seems to run large so a cast on an 18m size hoping it will fit Olive the rest of the year.
I almost made it, I ran out of yarn halfway though binding off an had to use all the tiny extra bits that were used to tie the skein up.
I found three perfect buttons in the stash left over from a vest I knit for Eva.
I loved knitting this so much I have cast on one in yellow.
More details on ravelry.

9 comments:

Tegan said...

That is a gorgeous green! I keen tossing up whether or not to bust out the needles and knit one of these gorgeous little cardigans for one of my little nieces. I think your beautiful emerald version has made it a definite on the to do list!

Kate said...

You should Tegan, it is a great pattern!

Brianna said...

I've got this in my queue too. Think it's just. Oved higher up the order after seeing your gorgeous green one!

Brianna said...

I've got this in my queue too. Think it's just. Oved higher up the order after seeing your gorgeous green one!

Maria said...

What a sweet little cardi for Olive. Great job in finishing it with bits....

Abby and Stephanie said...

Adorable and I not only love the green but the sweet buttons as well.

Sue said...

Olive will look totally adorable in that little cardigan. The green is such a gorgeous color. I knit when it is hot as well as I feel weird if I dont knit for a day!

Krista said...

This looks very nice, beautiful buttons!

Anonymous said...

Love it. You make the most adorable clothing for your daughters. I hope they appreciate how lucky they are. I think they do, based on their smiles.