Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ottobre Skirt

After subscribing to Ottobre for about 6 years I have a nice stack of them. At the start of each season I flick through them and see what I should make for the girls and now my girls flick through them and find things they would like me to make them. They often manage to find things I have not noticed at all. One of those things was a skirt from 4/2006.
This one is for Grace and she chose a scrap of corduroy from a dress I made a couple of years ago (that Eva now wears) and some of that lovely lightweight denim that Spotlight was selling at the start of last year which seems impossible to find now (lucky I bought lots).
This is a really simple patterns and the curve is so big that it is not hard to sew at all. Now I had better start Amelia's which is off course identical, but uses a scrap of corduroy from the dress I made her.

7 comments:

Suzy said...

So pretty! That is a lovely way to use up scraps.

Stacey said...

Yes, lovely skirt. I bought some of that denim too! Do you buy the Women's Ottobre too?

Stacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cass said...

Kate that skirt is gorgeous

bec said...

yay for the return of the sew-jo! At least now we know why haha

Annie said...

Jodie and I are scanning through them too and are going to have a go at garments in the hols

flowerpress said...

Cute! I want one :-)