Saturday, May 18, 2013

Elephants and Squares

 I found the perfect fabric at Textile Traders for a very new little boy. Elephants by Michael Miller and even better there was a precut piece of 1 1/2m for $7.50. I love that section in there. I am always hunting through there and usually manage to find pieces for quilt backings and clothes for the girls.
I cut a strip of it 6" wide and cut it, and some matching solids, into squares.
 I used the rest of the elephants for backing, quilted both sides of the seams and used some grey spots with a little strip of the elephants for the binding.
It is ready to send north so it can be used in the little bit of winter they have up there.

1 comment:

kinkatink said...

Oh my goodness, that's lovely. What an effective way to use a small amount of print. And I love the squares on the reverse.