Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Denim Tunic

 My girls are leggings, t-shirts and smock/tunic girls. They won't willingly wear jeans because as Milly says 'you can't run or climb trees in jeans'. The only problem is that jeans wash very well, especially after a day in the garden, climbing trees and building cubbies. So I suggested a denim tunic and Milly agreed to the one in Ottobre 4/2012.
 
The only alteration was to sew the buttons and button holes the opposite way to the pattern. The straps were really long and I didn't check them until it was finished. So I swapped them around and the extra length is tucked down the front of the dress and the button can be moved as she grows.
I love all the top stitching on this tunic. I used an aqua blue to contrast with the almost black denim. I was too lazy to set up the double needle and I find it just as easy to sew two lines.

10 comments:

Taryn said...

I've had my eye on the same pattern too!

Samantha Dennison said...

Your tunic is a beauty! So is your daughter! I just love that your girls don't like wearing jeans - neither do my three girlies.

Christine said...

Looks wonderful and your daughter is so cute. I am bracing myself for the day my two year old has an opinion about what she wears.

eva said...

gorgeous!!!
that isn't a tooth missing is it???
oh no!!!
xo
eva

rachelmp said...

Looks great and really practical. I've thought about making this dress and I think I am convinced :)

knitgirl66 said...

I want one!!!!

A-L said...

Looks so nice! I've been wanting to make that exactly same tunique for one of my daughters but they've said no so far... maybe if I show them your photos...

bec said...

So cute! But isnt that the 'normal' way to do straps for growing kids clothes? teehee

Annie said...

Very nice Kate!

Louise said...

I want one in my size! I love the aqua against the dark denim. Looks great!