Thursday, February 12, 2015

Sutton Blouse

There are some lovely woven tee patterns out there, but I'm pretty sure they aren't made for my shape. When I saw the True Bias Sutton Blouse I thought there might be enough shape in it so it didn't look like I was wearing a cotton box.
The pattern states there is a lot of ease and I had read a few reviews  saying the same thing so I sized down from my measurements. I made a muslin and realized I could size down even further (it is a little tricky to adjust the size after you make it as it is all French seamed). The instructions are great and very clear. The fabric is a lawn from Spotlight. There is a seam at the centre front which so you do have to be careful cutting the front pieces if you have patterned fabric and you want the pattern to match - I was running out of fabric so I did what I could.
I love how the back is a bit lower than the front. I can see quite a few wrinkles on the back, but I think with these sleeves you will always have a bit of this problem (please let me know if I am wrong!).

 I had plans to try the Stylearc Maggie Shirt, but I cut out the pattern pieces and they are pretty big. I haven't made a Stylearc pattern yet and bought the size that matched my measurements so I'm not sure if the sizing runs large or if it's meant to be a very very loose fitting shirt. I'm not too sure if I want to make a lot of changes to make it fit. I think I might just make another Sutton Blouse.

6 comments:

Jane said...

That looks great on you! I don't know about me and v-necks but otherwise I love this pattern. I think if you didn't have those back wrinkles you wouldn't be able to move your arms much! It's not something you'd worry about it you bought it RTW and probably more evident in static photos than moving-real-life.

Annie said...

I love it...I'm sure you and I are the same shape...but my hair is grey!

Craft to Do said...

Love your outfit blogs. Where do you find your Knit fabric. Finding it hard to get good quality.

Taryn (forkandneedle) said...

I think it looks good Kate - but you could try varying the neckline as a way of changing things up a bit. Maybe a lower 'v' neck or even adding a 'tab' like the other blouse. I'm a bit bigger busted than you and I avoid kimono sleeves when I can because of the wrinkling. Well done!

Marina said...

I like your blouse - amazing the number of indie patterns out there for women now.

Re the Stylearc patterns - I've made one of theirs - a pants pattern - and I did have to size it down a bit from my usual size......

Abby and Stephanie said...

How nice to see you again. I love how you model the clothes you make. You always match the perfect pattern and fabric for a very stylish look.