Sunday, September 01, 2013

Spring

It is the first day of Spring, not that you'd know it this weekend, we were nearly blown off our hill  yesterday, but I have been slowly spring cleaning the house and sorting out the girl's clothes and planning what I need to sew. There are a few little girls birthdays coming up soon and I thought I would sew for them too.
A dress from the same Ottobre as these overalls. It is basically just the same pattern, but quicker to make as there aren't all those snaps to deal with. I made it a little shorter as dresses aren't that practical while babies are still crawling.
 Some matching pants. I used McCalls 6494 which looks great and was easy to make. I didn't bother with the binding, just hemmed them and added the elastic, but I think they might be a bit poofy and large. I found a pattern in an Ottobre after I finished so I will try them next time.

4 comments:

Christine said...

so adorable!

Judith said...

These are just so stylish for any little girl - the fabric is beautiful...J

Samantha Dennison said...

Windy?? some poor child was blown into me when we were at soccer!!!!

Anonymous said...

So cute. Some of the children's clothing I'd love to wear myself but not the pants LOL