Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Layer Cake Quilt Tutorial #2

I've had this fabric in my stash for a couple of years and I have pulled it out a few times and have not been able to make a decision about what to do with it. I really love it, but it is slightly crazy and completely outside of the colours I normally sew with. I finally realized it needed something simple. And there is nothing simpler than 5" squares sewn together.
 
It feels completely ridiculous calling this a tutorial as all you have to do is collect twenty 10" squares. I organized them into piles of 4 so you only have to cut 5 times instead of 20. I find if I try to cut more then my cutting is not as accurate.
 Then cut them all up into 5" squares. Organize them into 10 rows of 8 squares per row and sew them back together.

 It could only be quicker and easier if you just sewed the 10" squares together in 5 rows of 4.


2 comments:

bec said...

Perfect for that crazy kind of fabric!

Ruth said...

Now aren't you sad you waited so long?! The fabrics are beautiful, and the quilt is too. I am in love with it. :)