Wednesday, June 06, 2012

What I'm Reading

I do love a long Weekend and we just had a great one in Albany. It was really nice to get away and despite the rain, colds and other sickness we all had a great time. We spent the day in the Porongurups with my sister's family which my girls loved and Chris and I both had birthdays. I have used mine the last few weeks as an excuse to get a few quilting books I have been wanting so I thought I would share what is on my bedside table.
  • I finished the Hunger Games for bookclub. I didn't love it, but I am pretty sure I would of as a teenager.
  • I am loving the Omnivore's Dilemma - lots to think about.
  • The Pilates Pregnancy is great when it is raining and I can't get out for a walk.
  • Modern Minimal and the new Denyse Schmidt - so much inspiration
  •  Sunday Morning Quilts and Quilting Modern - more inspiration. I am really loving the different quilting in all of these quilts and it is inspiring me to try some different quilting. I am also cleaning out my scraps and sorting them.
 A little stack of new fabric, which I am pondering what to do with.

2 comments:

Samantha Dennison said...

oooh. I like the quilt on the cover of Sunday Morning Quilts. Such a simple shape but repetition makes it all the more interesting!

Elisha said...

i recently read the hunger games too..... finished all 3 in 4 days. definitely young fiction..... I do enjoy an easy read though :-) loving your sock yarn <3