Saturday, May 14, 2011

New Smock and Cushions

As soon as my girls caught a glimpse of Sherbet Pips they had all picked a favourite and wanted a smock like top. Amelia chose the scooter fabric in pink and I used a pattern from Ottobre 1/2011 I left off the ruffle and bow and just gathered the tops of the pockets.




While ordering the fabric for the smocks I came across some tractor fabric on Fabric Shack. I knew it would be perfect for cushions for my Dad who collects old tractors. I bought half a yard of two different fabrics and used one fabric for the front and the other for the back with a hidden zip in the back just like I did for this cushion.



4 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

I've fallen for Sherbet Pips too..your smock looks great! I have just made a couple of cushions with the scooter and swing fabrics.

Kate said...

Ha! Amelia dresses like me. I love that dress.

Sue said...

Oh what a gorgeous smock! I love the tractor cushions too.

Karen said...

The smock is so gorgeous in the Sherbet Pips fabric. Such a sweet range for the girls.