Friday, November 10, 2006

A new bag.

I haven't used a handbag much since I've had the girls. A nappy bag and the pram seem to double as handbags, but this material was saying 'summer bag' to me. I'm quite happy with it. It is the perfect shape and size to hang over my shoulder. I used sew in magnetic snaps - they are so easy. I interfaced it as that seems to be what everyone does, that is the part I'm not happy with. Next time I would leave out the interfacing I really didn't want it to hold it's shape like it does.
A new bag and skirt, what more could a girl want - I'm ready for the weekend.

12 comments:

kirsten said...

Love the bag! Love the fabric!

leslie said...

wow, you're really on a role - this is fabulous, too!

Anonymous said...

I love the bag Kate, and the skirt too is beautiful

Anonymous said...

Great bag! So cute!

Anonymous said...

That looks great. I'm about to start my first handbag and now you've got me humming and hawing about the interfacing - needs more thought (or is that just another reason to put it off!?).

Anonymous said...

oh, yes ! exactly: what can we want more ? ! happy end of the week !

caroline said...

great bag - I really like the fabric you have chosen.

Anonymous said...

That's gorgeous fabric, and I really like the shape of your bag too.

Anonymous said...

lovely bag- is it your own design? It's very clever :)

I know what you mean about interfacing- I'm always disappointed when I interface my bags- I think I quite like that 'floppy' sort of feel to them, anyway!

Lauri said...

I *LOVE* this bag! I'm getting into that style lately...and as soon as the City of San Antonio can keep up with the demand of magnetic snaps I'm totally on board!

(Somehow, I always miss the new shipments, and they are always all gone by the time I get there. I need an inside informant! lol!)

Anonymous said...

Such a cool bag...tres chic!

Anonymous said...

I really like your bag. I've been looking for a bag to carry my knitting and what not. Where did you find the pattern?