There were a couple of extra panels and the instructions suggested you make a bag with them which I did. I used the ribbon that was used to wrap the kit up in for the bag handle. I cut out the size 2 for Eva and had to take them up quite a bit. I did ot cut off the extra - just folded it up so I can let them down as she grows.
I whipped myself some skirts up the other day. I used the Madeline skirt from Modkid. I used black cotton jersey for one and black cotton jersey and some jersey from Ink and Spindle for the other. I have made some quick and easy skirts in my time, but this may be the quickest and easiest yet. I made 2 in less than an hour and that included cutting out time. There is only a back, front and band. I made the band just over half the height of the one in the pattern so you can wear it not folded over.