Yes another knit dress, but they are just so incredibly comfortable and quick to sew.
This is New Look 6301 which I have made a couple of times before. I used a black jersey which I think came from Spotlight. This is the first time I have made the sleeveless version and I really like the narrow binding around the arms instead of hemming.
I've definitely got my money's worth out of this pattern and I am sure I will make more.
I finally got around to turning my paper pieced saucepan blocks into little oven mitts for my Mum.
I added a piece of fabric to the bottom of the block to make them square, made bias binding and curved the corners. I found some heat resistant batting (not sure of what it was actually called) at Spotlight so used a layer of that and also a layer of wool batting inside
I love these blocks just as much as when I made them, if you want to make your own check out The Paper Pieced Home.
After the success of the Myrtle Dress I thought I may as well try a few more new patterns. Even though I own a number of wrap dress patterns I couldn't resist the Appleton Dress when it came out. It promises no gaping across the top so I had to try it.
It lives up to that promise, it fits perfectly! I was cutting this out the other night while watching Fargo and accidentally cut the extra bit off the left side instead of the right so it wraps the wrong way, but other than that I had no problems making this dress. The instructions were clear and it went together very quickly. The only alterations I made were to lower the hole on the side, for the tie to go though, about an inch and a small full arm adjustment (which I do to all patterns).
I used some jersey from Spotlight which has the perfect stretch for this pattern. I love this print so much, I found it in 2 more colour ways on the bargain table and bought some of both of them.
I see a short sleeved or sleeveless version for summer being made very soon!
I'm not sure why it's taken so long to make the Colette Myrtle dress, but all of a sudden last week I desperately needed to make one, so I ordered the pattern and today I whipped one up.
I used very stretchy jersey from Spotlight. I had planned to just start the bodice today, but after a disastrous day yesterday trying to make an Aeolian dress I really needed some success, so I kept going to see if it looked any good. I did do a quick muslin of the top and decided to go down a bit over a size from my measurements as it was huge. I probably went down a fraction too much and will make it a tiny bit bigger next time.
I really love the way the bodice is constructed, it has a nice finish with the seams all hidden inside. The only alteration I made was to leave off the pockets as this fabric is really stretchy and if I put anything in them they would just sag.
I'm sure I'll be making at least one more this summer, it is so comfortable and I found some great bargains in Textile Traders last time I was there which will be perfect for it.