Saturday, January 05, 2019

Swimsuit Sewing

The girls always have two weeks of swimming lessons in January and Olive was desperately needing new bathers/swimmers/togs/swimsuit (depending on which state you live in - we call them bathers in WA). A perfect opportunity to buy some of the awesome coastal fabric from Ellie Whittaker.
I had planned to make the one piece in the new Style Arc pattern, but Olive finds separate bottoms and tops easier so I made the top from the pattern. I basted the collar together first and checked that I could fit it over her head and when it fit I decided not to add the zip so this was finished very quickly. The only other change I made was to shorten the sleeves by a few inches as they seemed quite long. I did make the bottoms but they were a bit big and didn't fit quite right so I pulled out an old Kwik Sew pattern (2605) and made new pants with that. 
I love this fabric, I kind of wish I had bought enough to make myself some bathers or a rashie top.






1 comment:

Clipping Path Service said...

she is so cute.