Thursday, January 21, 2016

Folk Art Flowers

When I was making Folk Art Flowers for Striking Strip Quilts I had a hard time deciding on a colour scheme. I went with the beautiful red and green, but one of the options was aqua and grey and I knew I wanted to make a wall quilt version of the quilt in this colour scheme.
This is such a fun project to use all your tiny scraps in your favourite colours.
We're having a break from our normal crazy hot January weather this week. It's usually too hot to spend too long in my sewing room at this time of the year so I am going to make the most of the cool weather and spend the day sewing.



3 comments:

Sew Surprising said...

That is just stunning, and what a great way to use up favorite fabrics, must say Im a bit envious of the cardigan wearing hahahahaha ;)

Maria said...

Beautiful Flower ....

motherof5 said...

Your quilting is so beautiful
xx Nicole