Thursday, October 15, 2015

Mini Southport Dress

It is getting a little trickier for the girls to find things they want me to sew them. They still love going through the Ottobre magazines, but they don't often find patterns they like from the big pattern companies. So I was a little excited when I showed Milly the Mini Southport Dress and she said she would like one.
She chose this tencel fabric from Spotlight which was really nice to sew and perfect for this pattern.
I really like the instructions on the True Bias patterns, they are really clear and the finishes are really nice.
It is a great pattern for older girls as it is not cutesy or twirly and looks really comfortable to wear. It only goes up to size 10, but I think I will be sizing it up when the 10 no longer fits the girls.
Eva loved the one I made Milly so I made her one too. I used fabric from the Spotlight clearance table (I found so much great stuff on there on my last visit) and made matching bias binding. I found the interfacing on the button band left it a bit stiff and hard to do up the buttons on Milly's dress so I left it off this one. I think I will leave it out in future dresses made of quilting cotton etc.
I already have one more cut out and plans for a little one for Olive. I will definitely be getting my moneys worth out of this pattern!!

No comments: