Friday, August 09, 2013

Kwik Sew 2568

I saw this velveteen in Spotlight recently and knew I needed to make some overalls for Olive in it. It really does make the most perfect baby overalls!

 I used Kwik Sew 2568 which I think it out of print now. Like all Kwik Sew patterns the instructions were very clear and it went together very easily.
Just one small problem. I made the 6-12 month size and it is huge on Olive, who is 10 1/2 months old.
She really does need new clothes at the moment so I cut out a 3-6m size in some spotty corduroy and they fit perfectly. I could probably move the buttons a couple of cms as it is still a little big on the top.
 


 The vintage dress pattern obsession has spread to blouses (such a great word, up there with frock I think). How good would these be in Liberty?

10 comments:

Lurline said...

Gorgeous overalls, gorgeous Olive for your model! Love your old patterns.
hugs - Lurline.

Suzy said...

Those overalls are gorgeous, both pairs. Hopefully the velveteen ones will fit next autumn.

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I have a newer version of this pattern and I really should give it a try. You did such an amazing job!!
I'm currently obsessed with vintage patterns as well! (it could be worst, right?)
Liberty blouses always sound perfect to me :-)

bec said...

Ha, I saw this velveteen and thought 'skirt' hehe. I'm going to get it when I have a voucher (just got emailed a 25% voucher, ca-ching!) I hope Olive and I DO wear them at the same time hehe I wonder if babies where bigger in the 'old days'??

kinkatink said...

Awesome overalls! I'm always put off making overalls for my boys by the lack of snaps on the legs, which I find makes changing nappies tricky. But you're inspiring as ever. Maybe I'll give them a go.

kinkatink said...

I take it all back - I just noticed these do have snaps. Brilliant.

Karen said...

What about some slacks next?

Karyn said...

So cute!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Hello Kate, ages ago on my blog (before i took this loooong break from blogging) you won a giveaway & while i'm not sure if the PR company still has the prize available, i though i'd see if we can finalise it one way or the other. I did contact you at the time, i'm just following up (months later) to tie up the last of the loose ends on my blog. Can you please reply via email to jennie@posie.com.au with your delivery address (not a PO Box) just in case they can still send you the Lego Friends giveaway. So so so sorry, communication issues & gremlins, we'll blame them. Love Posie

Anonymous said...

So pretty !!