Sunday, April 14, 2013

Cot Quilts

A new quilt pattern. This is the perfect pattern for those of us with the odd layer cake (or more!) in our stash. You can make both of these quilts with forty 10" squares. Perfect as cot quilts, lap quilts, baby floor mats or little picnic rugs. Both quilts use twenty 10" squares and some background fabric. I used Boho by Urban Chicks for Moda. Now available in my shop, on Etsy and on Craftsy.
 This one measures 44" x 48". It can also be made with charm squares.
 
 This one measures 40" x 44". I quilted both using my walking foot. One has slightly wonky vertical lines and the other has slightly wonky horizontal lines.

 I love this fabric by Sandi Henderson. I used it as the backing for both quilts.  I really should have bought more of this. I would love to make a whole cloth quilt out of it. I think it would make the perfect picnic blanket.


6 comments:

Karen said...

Great quilts Kate! I really like the design of the smaller one. Thank you for sharing your designs.

Waverlee said...

Gorgeous. Love that backing fabric.

Stacey @ bakercourt said...

I love the "wonky" quilting lines, they look so natural! I have never straight quilted before because I didn't like the rigidity of it... this is definitely something to try.

Thimbleanna said...

They're beautiful Kate!

Hallie said...

I love the quilts! I want to try one!

Anonymous said...

Love love love, :)