Sunday, January 06, 2013

Shirt and Shorts

I finished these shorts and shirt for Grace before Christmas, but with all the craziness and the heat I didn't get a chance to photograph them.
The top is the short sleeved version of the Simply Sweet Tunic.  I used some seersucker from Spotlight and it is perfect for the warm weather. The shorts pattern is from Blank Slate Patterns.
I used some denim for the shorts without any stretch which I think was a mistake. The shorts are pretty close fitting and I think using some fabric with stretch would suit them better and be a lot more comfortable. I have bought some more denim with stretch and will make another pair.
Clothes sewing time has been hard to find at the moment, there are swimming lessons everyday, deadlines looming and so much ripening in the garden which is inspiring me to cook and of course there is the hanging out with the girls and enjoying the summer.


6 comments:

eva said...

sweet!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice. So many of your girls clothes, I would LOVE for myself :)

Sue said...

What a great outfit Kate. I really love that seersucker fabric. Enjoy your holidays. Your garden sounds like it has many delights in it too so enjoy all your cooking!

Marina said...

Beautiful Kate. I love the seersucker - great idea for summer....

Brenda said...

Grace looks so pretty in her shorts and top. You do beautiful sewing.

Selina said...

Your girlies are getting so big! I love this shirt!