Thursday, October 04, 2012

Olive's Birth

I have been asked a few times if things are 'getting back to normal' or if we have 'gotten into a routine'. Mmm I'm not sure things have ever been normal or if we have a routine to get back to, but we are coping. Luckily we have school holidays this week and next week so Chris is home and the girls went to my parents for a few days. So things might be a bit crazy every now and then, but I think it was like that before.
I am still taking it slowly,Olive ended up being born by caesarean so I am taking advantage of having help every day and not doing a lot. The twins were born by caesarean, but Eva was not so I was planning on another VBAC, but this was not to be. My waters broke in the middle of the night (now that is a weird feeling and I am glad I was in the bathroom when it happened) and we drove the 100km to the hospital. Lucky we had someone we could call on at midnight to come and watch the other girls. I was having contractions every 5 minutes by the time I got there and after a couple of hours every minute and a half, but not much else was happening.
It was obvious looking at my Dr watching the monitors and Olive's heart beat that was he was not happy so he called in a theatre team and about 4.30 in the morning Olive was born. It was kind of a surreal experience, I had been so anxious and I was so relieved they were getting her out and so happy when they did and I could see Chris holding her. I was also relieved to be pain free and was so tired from no sleep that night and very little sleep in the nights before that I had to shut everything out for a while that I went to sleep as I was being stitched up.
Poor little Olive spent the first few days on a drip as she had very low blood sugar and couldn't keep her temperature high enough, but she is great now and putting on weight quickly. Those little legs are getting nice little rolls and she has a couple of little chins which are so cute in babies.
How gorgeous is this quilt from Rita? So so soft, voile is just the most perfect thing for a quilt for a baby.

8 comments:

Maria said...

Congratulations to all on the arrival of cute Olive..
Pleased you are recovering.
What a gorgeous photo of your GIRLS....

Chookyblue...... said...

what a great photo of all the girls together........take care of yourself......slow and steady after a "c" section........

Brenda said...

Beautiful picture of your girls! They are all so adorable. Take it easy and rest as much as you can.

eva said...

no doubt..... they are sisters....
sweet!!

Sue said...

What gorgeous photos of all your girls! I think she has a beautiful name, and happy to hear that you are both doing well. Take all the rest you can get while you can!

eva said...

it will be a sad day when the first of the twins lose their perfectly shaped chiclets baby teeth...

a very sad day...

xo
eva....the other one

Jenny said...

I bet those were the longest 100kms!! What a beautiful family you have-glad all is well

Di said...

Congratulations on the arrival of little Olive- she's the second baby I know called Olive born in the last month or so....