This is one of those projects which didn't quite work out as well as I thought it would. I have been sewing when Olive has a sleep and the girls are at school, or late at night when they are all asleep, so I can't try on things as I go. I really should have made the bodice and fitted it properly before I did all the rest. As a result it is huge. I think I will have a go at taking in the side seams. If I make it again I will cut a smaller size, but keep it the same length.
I used cotton/elastane in four different colours which is quite thick and stretchy. You are meant to use binding around the sleeves and the neck, but I had some green fold over elastic. It was great in theory, but I didn't stretch it enough as I sewed and it has stretched the neckline way out and my sewing was really wavy, so it looks terrible up close.
The girls still like it and I imagine it will be very comfortable for them to wear.
The pattern is from Ottobre 4/2013.