Monday, October 11, 2010

A Trip to the Beach

It is hard to believe sitting here in the cold today that we spent the weekend in the sun and at the beach at Guilderton. We had a great time with lots of Chris' family and the children loved running around with their cousins.
I am definitely not complaining about the cold or the rain. We have had such a dry year and driving through the country to my parents last week was so sad. The crops looked terrible.
My fruit trees look a little happier today and the rainwater tank has more water in and I am crossing my fingers there is a bit more rain today and that places that really need it get some too.
I managed to finish a pair of socks over the weekend. I knit the entire first sock during Stitches and Craft earlier this year and it has taken me months to finish the second one. Knit using some of my BFL sock yarn. The rest of the details on ravelry.

2 comments:

Jill said...

well done on finishing your socks! They look lovely and will keep your toes cosy in the cold!

We've been getting lots of rain up here and our fruit trees have shot up!! Since our dry season has been very wet - I wonder what the wet season will bring...

Sophie said...

SOCKS!...how clever! I have just started learning to knit and am starting easy with squares for a blanket! Hopefully socks will be on the agenda one of these days!
Sophie
http://reddustlove.blogspot.com