Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hopscotch Dress

I tried the Hopscotch Dress pattern from Oliver & S this morning. It is an excellent pattern. The pieces fit perfectly together, the instructions are really clear and it is very quick to make. I used some spotty stretch fabric I found in Spotlight and made a size 6. Grace is modelling, but it has been claimed by Amelia as Grace wants a red one.

Another great thing - I tried it on Eva and apart from the length it fits perfectly so I don't have to trace it in another size. I can see myself making lots of these as dresses, tops and for pj tops and nighties.

8 comments:

Andi said...

A very pretty little dress!!

Anonymous said...

Its a gorgeous dress - and my girls need more dresses with sleeves (for sun protection dontcha know. Thanks for the inspiration.

Liesl said...

Its a really cute little dress - I can see why there are more in the pipeline. Happy production line ... er, I mean sewing!

tikki said...

ooh, that is acute little dress!
I love Oliver & S patterns, reminds me I have one I need to sew up!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a fun dress - especially love the polka dots.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! I'm jealous as I know this would be beyond me!

a-m x

One Flew Over said...

God that is so sweet! I think I may have to knock some up for Maddie x

Novi On The Go said...

Looks like a great pattern, I can see this in many colors, other fabric patterns and different lengths, paired with sandals and boots and pants and skirts... the list goes on!