Thursday, October 21, 2010

Regina Spektor and Broccoli

We did a few long car trips over the holidays and all of a sudden they are not so horrible as they once were thanks to the girls love of music and singing. They helped me make some playlists for the ipod and have very definite views on what is good sing along music and what isn't.
I know it is hard to believe, but 3 small children who are as tone deaf as their mother and who have no idea of the real words singing along in a high pitched way to Regina Spektor is much more pleasant in the car then fighting and whinging.



Broccoli would have to be one of my faourite vegetables. My sister made this for us a few weeks ago and we seem to be eating a lot of it.

Broccoli Salad

Broccoli (raw) - cut up into quite small pieces
Spring onions - diced
Celery - diced
Snow peas - cut up into quite small pieces
any other crunchy green vegies you like
Bacon - finely chopped and then fried.

Dressing - good mayonnaise, a little white wine vinegar and a little sugar. Mix and then mix into the salad.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm bookmarking this recipe... i've just harvested a mountain of broccoli from the vegie patch and the snow peas are ready for picking too. Perfect, thank you!

Margret said...

sounds delish, is the broccoli cooked, or raw?

Jill said...

Yum! My favourite salad is one I copied from a cafe, it's broccoli (blanched or slightly cooked but cold), sundried tomatoes, fetta and flaked almonds with a dressing made from some of the sundried tomato oil and balsamic vinegar.... delish!

Stitching At Stone Cottage said...

regina certainly beats the wiggles!!

Kris said...

I love broccoli too. Going to try this salad!

Lucy said...

I love Regina Spektor. Fidelity is so fun to sing along too (well I think so, but anybody listening to me might say otherwise)!