Sunday, October 15, 2006

Wombat

I have finally finished my wombat that has been a work in progress for weeks (months?). It was very boring in just one colour, so inspired by vintage soft toy books and the wonderful works here, here, here and here the gusset and the ears have some colour. The wool is a piece that Chris' Mum gave me - she has boxes full of old fabric that I have only quickly gone through, but I quickly spotted the wool (my second favourite textile after silk).

I was going to make the girls lots of summer clothes but the winter weather returned and I wasn't inspired so here are some more giraffes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love that giraffe.Your toys are great

Anonymous said...

lovely, as always.

Anonymous said...

As I said on flicr, Love the fabric on the Giraffe but the little wombat is just tooooo cuuuttteee.....
Just love them xxx

Little Snoring said...

They look like such great characters to know. I imagine they will all be wonderful conversationalists when they find their new homes...

Anonymous said...

love the giraffe!

Anonymous said...

I love the sleepeyedness of the wombat, and the giraffee's fabric is superb - well done

E said...

I love the wombat! He's so cute :) And the material for the giraffe is lovely.