Monday, October 09, 2006

Shir it up

The weather is warming up and I think the girls might need some dresses soon. Here is my first try at shirring and this little sample seemed to work so hopefully I will have dresses to show before Chris goes back to work.
The most amazing parcel came today from Cathy. I seemed to be pulling stuff out of the package for ages. Lovely dyed wool, Great stickers, ribbon and cards made from her original stamps, lovely paper and the cutest whale appliques for the girls. I know there a couple left in her shop. Thankyou so much If anyone lives near a Textile Traders I saw a bolt of Denyse Schmidt fabric in one today. I looked high and low for more, but there was just one solitary bolt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed, shirring is a bit daunting for me! I love sewing little girls dresses, something very satisfying about it.