Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Look 6972

Amelia wanted a dress for Christmas from this green Denyse Schmidt fabric. I was going to make a Oliver & S Jump Rope Dress, but Amelia had other ideas and insisted on New Look 6972 View B using the pockets from the the Jump Rope Dress (there is not much made in this house anymore without those pockets). I am glad she chose this pattern, it probably took me less than half the time of the Jump Rope Dress which meant much less late night sewing last week. I used my tutorial for the headband.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Very sweet and I'm sure having used her choice of pattern, it will see plenty of wear! The pockets perfect it.

SewSurprising said...

The fabric colour is gorgeous, wonder if I can find some, you certainly inspire TLB :)

Unknown said...

Cute dress! I love the green in that fabric. Oliver + S patterns have the cutest pockets, don't they?

Janine said...

gorgeous!