Thursday, December 22, 2011

Dresses and Shorts

I made a few dresses for the girls from Simplicity 2437. They all seem to have grown in the last month and suddenly everything from last year is way too short. The same size for all three, just shorter for Eva's dress. I added some of my favourite pockets (Oliver & S Puppet Show shorts or Jump Rope Dress) in contrasting fabric.







I think these might be the best shorts ever. Red and White spots - how could they not be. Pattern - Oliver & S Puppet Show shorts.


8 comments:

Fran said...

love the dresses and the shorts are too cute! Well done

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really really love those shorts. So cute, and not too short.

The dress are also adorable with the contrasting pockets. It would be easy enough to make them longer with the contrasting fabric when they get too short...

SewSurprising said...

What little girl doesnt look super cute in red shorts with white dots, the dresses and shorts say Summer :)

Nikki said...

Gorgeousness all 'round!! Wishing you all a fab Christmas and a very happy 2012, Kate. xx

Annie said...

Wish the dress had a size to fit me! Looks very comfy. Happy Christmas to you and your family Kate.

Di said...

Love these dresses! And the shorts. Very cute and perfect for summer play.

Leonie said...

oh those shorts are totally adorable!!! and of course, red and white polka dots are perfect for everything!!
wish they had sizes for my girls :)

Suzy said...

So lovely, especially the polka dot shorts. I have that pattern, but haven't made it yet - must get cracking, they are really cute and would be perfect for a toddler in summer.

Happy New Year, I hope 2012 is a great one for you.