Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Colette Parfait Dress

After making a muslin for the Colette Parfait dress over 6 weeks ago I finally have one finished. I loved this one when I saw it and have made one pretty much the same. I used a navy and white spotted cotton from Spotlight. The muslin fit pretty well and the only change I really made was adding a dart to the front on the side of the bodice. This is the first Colette pattern I have made and I was so excited to cut out a muslin to my measurements and have it nearly fit perfectly (something that really does not happen with the big pattern companies). The instructions were easy to follow and there was nothing really tricky about it, especially if you just follow one step at a time. I think this might be the perfect summer dress and I think I need to make another one soon.


8 comments:

Stacey said...

That is a cute dress! You're providing much inspiration... I really would love to make something for myself... Maybe after some practicing with the kids' clothes :)

thornberry said...

Kate, I LOVE this dress on you! You've done a beautiful job of it (and given me the impetus to finish mine!)

Jodie said...

Smash hit ! It looks great, and I love the pockets ..you are a wonder.

Unknown said...

Wow what a great dress. Love the fabric and the cute little red buttons :)

Kylie said...

Hi Kate, if you've got time, could you please let me know if you bought your Colette pattern locally, and, if you did, where did you get it?
I would really appreciate it if you could let me know.

Lisa said...

You look fabulous.

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

HOT! Love it Kate, you have been sewing up a storm xox

Kat said...

What a pretty dress! I love it,I found your pic via google, now I'm going to make with spots. Cute!