Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Quilt, Some Fabric and Cinnamon Scrolls

I nearly squealed in the post office yesterday when I saw who this parcel was from as I knew exactly what was inside it. This gorgeous doll quilt from Mel. Linen, liberty and hand quilting, 3 of my favourite things. Thanks Mel!
Thanks Kate for organising such a great swap. Pictures of all the quilts from the swap can be found here.
Some bargains I found in Spotlight the other day, all were between $4 and $8 a metre. Perfect for some summer skirts and dresses for the girls.
I saw this recipe yesterday from Mel and Evie and I whipped up a batch this morning. So easy and so delicious.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I called into Spotlight yesterday and was bummed that I couldn't find any yummy fabric. Your stash is gorgeous!

So glad that you enjoyed the scrolls :)
Melx

Katrina Higham said...

Oh yum...cinnamon scrolls....*dreaming* and cute fabrics!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Total score from Spotlight & yes, i start telling my post office manager what is in each parcel & his eyes just glaze over. Pretty sure i'm their most excitable customer!! Love Posie

Jodie said...

Great spotty score. I went today but it was for the boring stuff, needles , cotton etc.
You know if Spotlight sold cinnamon scrolls I might visit more often...

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

2 scores and a yum! Looks like you've had a pretty good day....even if little miss did use you as a kicking bag ;) xox

patchworkdelights said...

Very productive day for you! Would love one of those little buns yummy!!!

Louise said...

Lucky you!!! That quilt is gorgeous. Actually I think all the Down Under quilts are beautiful so I don't think anyone is going to be unhappy! And now I have to, HAVE to make those yummo cinnamon buns this weekend!

Melinda said...

Mmmm - after I read your post I went to straight to the kitchen and whipped up a batch. They were so quick to make and they're all gone so I'll have to make another lot tonight. Thanks for sharing the recipie :)