Friday, August 20, 2010

In the Garden

It has been nice to see bulbs popping up all over the garden this year. Under the walnut trees there have been jonquils, daddodils and snowdrops. There are also lots of nasturtiums which I know a lot of people are not fond of as they are a bit like a weed, but I love them. They remind me of the back of my grandfathers garden which was full of them and when we were little they seemed so big and I loved those orange flowers.
Evie and I went to the nursery yesterday and bought some new seedlings and herbs for the vegetable patch so we will be planting this weekend.
Evie has been having nice day sleeps the past week and I have been power sewing. Trying to get ready for markets, sew for presents and for new babies. I am trying to get a good amount of toys sewn so I don't end up in a big panic like I usually do the week before a market.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are getting some beautiful spring colour in your garden already... I'm jealous, there is barely a petal to be seen around here!
How great that Evie is having good naps, just when you need the extra time for all your sewing!
Flick x

Chookyblue...... said...

enjoy the quite time...........sounds like your making the most of it.........

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Power sewing! You are amazing Kate! And thank goodness Evie sleeps well during the day xox

Leigh @ Toasted said...

I'm with you on the nasturtiums. I love 'em - the colours of the flowers are beautiful.

patchworkdelights said...

I love your quilts, your choice of colours is beautiful. oh the thoughts of tackling my garden, I love gardening but...it's raining and windy here!

Kris said...

Nasturtiums are the best! How could you not love a plant that just thrives, and self-sows to boot. I love all your photos in this post. It all looks so beautiful!

Louise said...

How gorgeous is your garden going to be. I do so love spring and even your quilts are spring like!!

Erica said...

Beautiful quilts and toys! Your garden is beautiful, too. My bulbs always surprise me. I never know if they are going to come back the next year, and then they do and I am always pleasantly surprised. They are like little presents that I forgot that I purchased for myself.

Sarah Slaven said...

you sound like you are having more luck gardening than we are. The dolls are so cute I love your little critters.

jacquie said...

power sewing is right! loving that quilt for sure!!