Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Choc Chip Cookies

The first recipe book I pull out of the bookshelf when I need to make something sweet is Donna Hay Modern Classics 2. The can usually find something I need, they are never overly difficult and when you follow the instructions (something I am not too good at) they work and taste delicious. I think this is my favourite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
125g butter
vanilla extract
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup dessicated coconut
200g dark choc chips
Beat the butter, vanilla and sugar. Mix in the egg then the flour, baking powder, coconut and chocolate.
Roll into little balls and put on a baking tray. Bake for about 10 minutes.
Simplicity 3775 #3 - This time in grey. I cut the the band in half and did not do the ruching and just added some length to make up for sortening the band. I really should have tried it on while I was making it and made a few more adjustments, but it fits and is extremely comfortable.

9 comments:

Angie said...

That dress looks super comfortable and stylish ( a hard combo to get!)

I seem to be jumping from one chocolate-themed blog post to another tonight.....which is driving me bonkers as there is not a shred of chocolate in the house!

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Extremely comfy and cute! Nigella eat your heart out ;)

Jo said...

That dress looks fantastic on you. I wish I had the courage to try to sew with knits - one day!

Novi On The Go said...

Wonderful dress! Perfect for Spring and goes great with those boots!

Anonymous said...

Love the dress, and the alterations look great. Thanks for the recipe - need to bring biscuits to a morning tea tomorrow.

Shammy said...

that is my favourite cook book as well! The apricot cake is just lovely! I love your dress, would love to find the pattern.. might have to be organised enough to note down the pattern number! Have a wonderful day!

Janellybelly said...

Gotta love Donna Hay, my daughter buys her Kids Issue of the magazine every year. Those Choc chip cookies look so delicious, is there any left?

Louise said...

Gorgeous dress - you look fab!!

HeavenLee Creations said...

Kate, Dress looks great! Glad you are enjoying sewing with stretch. Where do you find the time?!?! Lv Lee