Sunday, March 29, 2009

Windmill Quilting

The windmill quilt is quilted. I decided to machine quilt it. I was originally going to handquilt around the windmill with bright colours of embroidery floss but there are only so many hours in the day so I decided to machine quilt it. I think I was just getting the hang of it by the end. The stitch length is not very even and the quilting is not that smooth, but I did get the tension right so the back doesn't look too bad. I've chosen a fabric for the binding so I've just got to cut it out and sew it on.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous Kate!! sooooo beautiful!!

yvette said...

It's really pretty! I don't see any 'rough' quilting at all! :> Nice! I'm kindda inspired to sew something with plain white muslin now... It really brings out the fabric print very well.

Jenny said...

It turned out beautifully

Kris said...

Well done Kate!

Jodie said...

Your quilting looks great Kate!

Stitching At Stone Cottage said...

you must be pleased..it looks terrific..

Anonymous said...

That quilt is so pretty. I really love the blue and red together. Hopefully one day my machine quilting will looks as good.

Michaela said...

I like the quilting. I am in the process of practicing free motion quilting myself, but I can't get the tension right and then follows frustration.:) I am planning on quilting three baby quilts today, walking foot it is. :)

Abby and Stephanie said...

I just love the color combination. I only machine quilt smaller projects otherwise I'd be tearing my hair out trying to manage a big quilt!

tamara said...

I think you did a great job Kate!! Way to go.

Pauline Perh said...

It looks really nice!

Marydon said...

Adorable! Very creative & colorful. Enjoyed.

Come join my blog for 'Blue Monday', please.
TTFN ~ Marydon
blushingroseboutique.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Looks good from here Kate. Need to have a go of quilting myself. Maybe some pot holders or placemats first.

Philigry said...

it looks great! nice job.

Corrie said...

ohhhh lovely! that quilting is very neat! I'm hanging out to get in a machine quilting class at my local patchwork store! I need some instruction!

Corrie:)