Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Weekend

I'm just planning my shopping list for the week. I figure AFL Grandfinal Day is the perfect time to go shopping. It should be pretty quiet. It will be nice to not have football taking up half the news for a while. Don't get me wrong and I am all for playing and participating in sport, but I'd like to see knitting or sewing lead the news one night perhaps with one of the headlines "Urgent Need For More Knitting Funding" or "Politicians Push For More Sewing in Schools" or "State to build Stitch'n'bitch building".
Rant over. Here's a lovely bag I finished this morning.

13 comments:

speckled egg said...

Gorgeous bag. LOVE the fabric. And yes, more crafts in the news would be nice wouldn't it?

LeeAnn said...

Ha ha! I think I would fall out of my chair if I heard those news headlines! Out of pure excitement of course! Nice placement on the fabric. Looks really nice!

LisaAnn said...

I love your bags so much! just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

a perfect Spring bag

trash said...

Oo! You are right. That is a very lovely bag.

Anonymous said...

Adorable bag! where do you find your fabrics? I'm feeling much better this week so I'm going to look at your other creations to see what I've missed while I was down in the dumps.

:)

Anonymous said...

Rant away - sounds good to me but my sport to avoid would be cricket. It is a lovely bag.
Lisa x

lera said...

Love the bag! Great fabric!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love the bag shape and oh that fabric is wonderful.

Philigry said...

love your bag, and i just love what you wrote! i could not agree more!

jacquie said...

great bag...lovely fabric...here's my headline... fabric prices drop..quilters stampede lqs

Marina said...

So pretty! Craft on the news would be great - maybe we should start a PR push?

Chickpea said...

You have the fab-est taste in fabric! you could be one the news reviewing the ups and downs of the fat quarter market...