Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Orange Cake

I feel better today after my rant yesterday. I just wanted to write it down so the next time we decide to go somewhere we will remember why it might be easier to stay home.
I thought we would do some baking from my new book today, the Baking Bible. Very hard to choose - so many good recipes in there. (Note to self - don't go book shopping while hungry.)

I suggested an orange cake, grace thought we should make a green cake. The orange cake finally won and I think it was a good choice as they were eating it before it could be iced.



6 comments:

Michelle said...

yes now i remember why i stayed at home so much...
kids seems to just know when to voice there opinons...
love the cake, looks so yummy, but a green cake that would be more ummmm.....colourful i guess...

our shabby cottage said...

I can smell it's loveliness from here Kate!!

Angie said...

I'm a bit over cake at the moment but that orange cake looks tempting....I prefer no icing as well

trash said...

I love it when kids are sensible like that. Orange/green. I get that.

Kris said...

I loooooooove orange cake! Citrus is so yummy.

Anonymous said...

This looks and sounds so yummy! Thanks for sharing