Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry Christmas!

This early Christmas present from Mum and my sister Gemma arrived yesterday - I was very excited. I have been wanting a subscription to Selvedge for ever. It is more fabulous than I thought it would be! Thanks Mum and Gem.

I finished a dress for Christmas using Butterick 4849. I made a few alterations. The big change was I did not add sleeves and changed the shape of the armhole.

I love all the catching up with people during the Christmas season, but I'll be glad of a quiet night in later next week. We had a great party at out place last night for a few peoples birthdays. Lots of ladies and children from playgroup. The weather was great and the dog went to visit a friend so we could all go outside.
Chris was the only bloke and cooked the bbq for us and sat on the lawn with all the kids. Milly wasn't in a playing mood at the end and just wanted Daddy, her dolly and her dummy.

Well it is time to clean the house and try to pack and I should probably wrap the presents before the girls get into them again. Going out again so at least I don't have to worry about dinner. Merry Christmas to everyone!

3 comments:

Drewzel said...

Merry Christmas Kate!
Love the dress by the way :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate! Hope you and the family had a wonderful Christmas :-)

Drooling over Selvedge :-) and I love that dress! I also wanted to say that I received the gorgeous giraffe today. It's so pretty and so well made! Thanks so much! My daughter loves it.

Wishing you a safe and happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I picked up a copy of Selvedge about 2 months ago and drooled all over it....I cannot remember where I bought it from!