Monday, December 11, 2006

Christmas Cake

I cooked the Christmas Cake yesterday and the smell while it was cooking was soooo good I really couldn't wait to take a picture before I had a bite. It is an Apricot, Ginger,Fig and Spice cake. Recipe is here. Another sewing disaster today. Why can't I find an easy, gorgeous top pattern? I am off to Perth for a few days and wanted something new to wear - looks like I'm going to have to buy something. In the old days this would have sounded fantastic. Add two children and it will be disastrous.
I think I am having success with a platypus though. It started as a boring corduroy thing, but is turning into a bright, fun platypus. Pictures tomorrow when it is finished.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy-looking Christmas cake! Thanks for the reminder to get my act together in this department...

Good luck with the clothes shopping with children in tow. I've tried this a couple of times and it was a bit of a 'snatch and run, try on at home' job.

leslie said...

yuuuuuuum!