Thursday, April 26, 2012

Spinning and Knitting

We are having beautiful autumn weather here at the moment. The nights have been quite cold and I have been searching Ravelry and planning things to knit (and once again the to do list will probably take the next 200 years). I have been wanting to make a Selbu Modern for a couple of years and recently bought some Rowan Fine Tweed which I think will be perfect for it. I haven't done any Fair Isle knitting for many years (and I think the small bits I have done were self taught) so I have been reading Mastering Color Knitting by Melissa Leapman which seems to explain everything really well.

With the mornings being very cold at the moment the front verandah in the sun has been the perfect place to be in the mornings. The girls and I spent the last days of the school holidays out there. They played and rode scooters and I spun. My lack of practise over the last few years is showing a bit, but hopefully it will knit up ok.

 

4 comments:

Nell said...

Gorgeous skein Kate (and homespun is pretty forgiving in most patterns so it should knit up beautifully!)

Brenda said...

Looks like it will be beautiful when you are finished. Your autumn weather sounds pretty.

Carin@Ullhärvan said...

The skein looks really beautiful!

Samantha Dennison said...

Oh, that's gorgeous!