Saturday, April 28, 2012

Little Red Riding Hood

After buying the Tessuti Cape pattern for myself I thought one of the girls might like a cape and remembered that the Oliver & S book Little Things to Sew had a pattern in it for a Red Riding Hood Cape.
I made the smaller size (which says up to size 4) for Eva who has just turned 4. I used a quilted fabric from the stash for the outside as I wanted something that would really keep her warm. The lining is a cotton from the stash which looks suspiciously like a Liberty fabric, but is definitely not, it feels different and the print on the real Liberty is a lot smaller I think. I have no idea where I got it from, maybe a op shop or it could even have been Spotlight.
This is a pretty simple pattern and the instructions are easy to sew. The only alterations was making the holes for the arms a little big bigger after trying it on Eva.




9 comments:

Copper Patch said...

Soooo cute!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Oh so cute - pictures like these make me wish I had my little girl still.

Brenda said...

Eva looks so cute! The cape is gorgeous.

eva said...

eva can't be 4???? surely she was just born a few months ago..... goodness time flies.....

sweet cape...
xo
from the other eva

Sue said...

The cape is very cute!

Janine said...

my daughter had a sweet red cape when she was 4 ... now she is 14!
hope eva enjoys wearing her's as much as my daighter did - great job :)

Samantha Dennison said...

Love that grin!

Stacey @ bakercourt said...

I LOVE this cape, and the photos that go with it are extra special too ;) Want, want, want.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate, I'm so far behind with my blogging and have now put your blog on the top of my LOOK list as I love catching up and this is why. Love this cape you have made for Eva.