Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Molly Jacket

I had big plans to knit all the girls something new before winter, but the weather has started to turn cold and I have only managed one cardigan so far so I realised I needed to get sewing. I thought I would start with a few more Molly Jackets for autumn. Milly loves the one I made for her so I made two more for Grace and Evie.
Both were made with some cotton drill from Spotlight and lined with some Spotlight quilting fabric I found very cheaply a couple of years ago. I did want to use bigger buttons, but the button racks were pretty bare in Spotlight when I was last there. There was no white or navy and these were the only navy ones in Textile Traders.
I love these jackets, they are great over dresses or jeans, I might have to try a version with long sleeves.




8 comments:

Sue said...

Thye are both totally gorgeous! I would wear them if they were in my size too.

Sue said...

Thye are both totally gorgeous! I would wear them if they were in my size too.

flowerpress said...

pretty :-)
I agree with Suzanne, another I'd like in my size. Hope the chicken pox has passed. We had it here x 2 last year despite immunisations. Miss A was a week off her booster injection!

Thimbleanna said...

Could you make one of those in my size??? They're ADORABLE!!!

Anna said...

These are now on my list! Especially as I've found it impossible to find cardigans I like in the shops this year!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Kate said...

I love them!!!

Unknown said...

This jacket is absolutely gorgeous! I wish I had a little girl to make one for! :) x

Sew Surprising said...

What gorgeous jackets, and I think the cool mornings and evenings have sneaked up on us all :)