Friday, December 11, 2009

Cassatta Part 2

For the second layer of the cassatta. Leave a litre of vanilla ice-cream out until it is soft but not liquid. Melt about 150g of choc chips or chocolate (I do love the 70% Lindt!) with about 1 tbsp of butter. Fold it through the ice-cream with 1-2 tbsp cocoa and some vanilla essence. Spoon onto the cherry layer and put into the freezer to freeze.

Just finishing a few wholesale orders and then hopefully I can started on the Christmas sewing. These creatures are headed to Retrospections in Cammeray in Sydney.

I found a bit of time yesterday to finish this quilt top using Rouenneries fabric by French General.

6 comments:

Sue said...

I think I might have to write down that recipe Kate, it sounds delicious and looks yummy too. Love those little doggies too, very cute. Your quilt looks beautiful, I love the reds in it.

Amanda said...

How do you find time for all these things? You're amazing.

Di said...

Wow the quilt is amazing. Is it for you?

Cass said...

I'm often in that shop I'll have to keep an eye out for your goodies

Heckety said...

I just LOVE LOVE that quilt!

Janine said...

Beautiful your projects
I speak a little english because I'm French
I saw the little dogand I woulg like to have its pattern, could you tell me where buy it ? I check on Etsy but I didn't see it
Janine

My blog is
http://gwadabrode.canalblog.com/