Tuesday, November 24, 2009

This and That

Good mail today - the latest MixTape. Being read by two little friends. There was a third but Milly claimed him for herself and there was a pink hippo but Grace claimed her.

A little knitting. The start of a Boheme for Evie.

Some wonderful fabric. It is Natura by Alexander Henry I bought here. It is a really nice fabric, a different base cloth. I'm not sure what to compare it with, but I think it would be great for skirts. Base cloths is not something I see discussed that much. I see yarn bases discussed a lot but not quilting fabrics which I find a bit strange as they can vary so much in their feel and drape. I would say the Natura is kind of 'rustic'. I am sure there is a better word, but I can't think of it. The base colour is a natural colour, not a white, and it has areally nice feel. I had planned on making toys, but now I have it I am thinking clothes (yes for me - I love it) or maybe bags.

7 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I bought some of those exact same fabrics a couple of weeks ago. They drape beautifully. The one on the left I'm going to use to cover a canvas as a piece of art above my bed, and I've used some of the butterflies to make bibs.

Melissa Goodsell said...

Those fabrics are just gorgeous! LOL at all softie claiming going on :)

Sue said...

Ooh gorgeous fabrics Kate. I love those softies too and isnt the latest Mixtapezine a great read. I took mine to the swimming lesson last week so I could read the articles whilst Isabelle was swimming! Is the yarn your using for Boheme your own dyed yarn, it looks beautiful.

Novi On The Go said...

I've just came over from the fabric shop... WOW some very nice stuff indeed! Would look great on clothes/bags, leftover cuts can be made into headbands I think.

Belinda said...

I could definitely see myself in the green colourway. It would make a lovely skirt. Love a good butterfly! Bx

our shabby cottage said...

The fabric looks great Kate. Is it like a duck cloth?

Corrie said...

yep I am loving the butterflies and you are right the basecloth is just gorgeous. I used it on calico as applique and need more now as it was perfect!

Corrie:0