Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sewing

Some quick clothes sewing in between the panicking. And I do mean quick. I am a big fan of sewing clothes you can cut out, sew and be finished in an hour or two. I do love to buy beautiful designer Vogue patterns, but I rarely sew from them. I used a pattern from Onion (it is the Fisher Skirt under Specialty Patterns) for this skirt. Love this pattern, which went together perfectly considering it was in Danish and there were no diagrams. Unfortunately my photography does not do it justice. I take my hat off to stylists who can make clothes look nice.
What is the one thing more perfect than spotty cotton fabric? Spotty linen fabric. This bit was perfect for the most simple shift dress for Evie.

9 comments:

Novi On The Go said...

Am loving the simplicity of your denim bags and those beautiful skirts! That dress looks perfect on Evie!

Amanda said...

Love it Kate. It think its similar to the ones I have been sewing for the girls over the last year. I'm ready to move on now to something different. I love the spots and Evie is the best little model!

Annie said...

All these lovely cool dresses for little ones I'm seeing tonight in blogland. ARGHHHHH what am I going to wear tomorrow!!!!?

Corrie said...

cuuuuuute!!!!

love your a-line skirt too, I'm a huge fan of the a-line as it covers my problem areas and makes it look like I have no problem areas! looks great! must make some too...I'm still wearing ones I have before children!!!

Corrie:)

our shabby cottage said...

I need to make myself some coller clothes for this hot weather! Evie looks great!

One Flew Over said...

Love the shift dress! I bet it is lovely and cool...

Louise said...

Love the skirt - don't know where you get the time to be so incredibly productive and clever. I have a small and growing pile of skirt fabric awaiting construction - ahh one day! Love, love the photo of miss cheeky pants!!

rachel said...

Cute skirt and dress. The trim on the skirt is divine. Evie has the most intense eyes... so cute.

Sarah Slaven said...

Evie's dress is beutiful I really wan't to sew for Sabi this summer I just need to find the courage to give it a go.