Saturday, November 28, 2009

Dachshunds, Skirts and Christmas

There has been some dachshund making this week. They were the first thing to go at Upmarket.
So I have put a few up in the shop.

We spent the morning at the local show. Lots of sheep, ducks, ice-cream and face painting. I can hear the fire works now, but the girls are all tucked up in bed after our first Christmas Party outing for the year last night.
How is it Christmas already?? I am among what I think is a very small group of people who are not really in love with Christmas and everything that goes along with it. So I am taking some deep breaths and preparing myself for four weeks of Christmas talk from two very excited four year olds who are in love with it.
Here is a picture of the girls this morning. I finally finished the skirt for Grace (to match Amelia's) out of Rosalie Quinlans gorgeous fabric from Quilt Fabric Delights.


11 comments:

Sue said...

The little dashchund is very cute. I love your girls skirts, very pretty and the fabrics look gorgeous from that range. I too dont look foward to xmas, too much trying to please everyone and be everywhere, especially after a stressful year. Lets hope 2010 doesnt go as quick and is much happier.

Anonymous said...

I am completely not into xmas Kate I actually dread it even though we keep it modest I still detest it and dread it

Chookyblue...... said...

cute skirts...........enjoy christmas with the girls they will grow out of it too quick..........

One Flew Over said...

Gorgeous! Both the sausi dogs AND the skirts.

Melinda said...

I'm definately a Christmas lover but I hate how expensive it is!

The skirts are adorable and I love the matching bracelets as well.

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

On the fence with Christmas...let you know in a few weeks ;)
The skirts are gorgeous! And I love the darker colour of the dog. Very very cute xox

Mette (Mettuska) said...

I love Christmas but not in the material part of it ;) Beautiful skirts!

Marina said...

Very cute Kate. I'm glad that they were popular. I've also ordered some of the lovely Rosalie Quinlan fabric and can't wait to see it in the flesh...

periwinkle said...

I can see why the little dachsunds were first to go - very cute. I love the idea of Christmas , the old fashioned way but not what it has become and always end up disappointed --

ilovebabyquilts said...

Love those skirts! Cute dachshund.

Thimbleanna said...

I can certainly understand your feelings about Christmas. I do love it, but the older I get, the more work it seems. And sheesh! It seems like I just took the Christmas decorations down, and it's time to get them out again already!

Those little skirts are just adorable!!!