Thursday, November 13, 2008

Simplicity 3835

I was not sure about this shirt when I made it last night. I wouldn't say it is the most flattering pattern. It is growing on me today. It was so quick to make. I used Simplicity 3835 and it was done in no time. It is made from voile so it will be very cool in summer and I can easily feed Eva in it so I think I will be making another one soon.

A glimpse of my desk today.
Some fantastic mail I received today. This would have to be the most useful sewing book I own. There is information to do nearly everything from putting in zips to binding to buttonholes to making cushions. It is by Ruth Singer who has a wonderful blog here.

10 comments:

Mette (Mettuska) said...

Nice shirt! And also Eva´s. The book looks very useful. I always admire your beautiful fabrics!

jacquie said...

i think i might add this book to my christmas list.

LisaAnn said...

I'm telling you, you will make so many more of these tops. They are addictive!

Philigry said...

i do love that! i bet it looks great on you.

Rachael said...

You know I have made that shirt and I am not sure about it...

Great looking book - wish the AUS$/US$ thing was a little better. I had to leave all my 'wish list' on Amazon for the moment...

Unknown said...

I have been looking for a pattern for a shirt in that style!! I love it,its cute!

Anonymous said...

I honestly don't know where you find the time to make all these gorgeous things - you must be super woman :-)
lisa x

Kris said...

Love, love, love that photo of your desk!

tea time and roses said...

It is something simply delightful about visiting here! Great shirt, and lovely lovely fabrics!

Smiles...

Beverly

Corrie said...

I'm just loving all these shirts you're whipping up!

Corrie:)