Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thorny Mountain Devil

I have a pile of doll bodies, arms and legs on my desk I have been trying to finish. I managed one last night while thinking about other Australian animals I could try and make.

I haven't seen a Thorny Mountain Devil for years. We were always so excited when we found them as children. Finding most reptiles was an exciting thing as children (still is now) except for the poisonous kind. I am not sure this resembles a Mountain Devil much any more, but it is kind of cute and I think Mountain Devils are kind of cute.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

both these are gorgeous Kate! The way you mix your fabrics together is stunning!

speckled egg said...

He's very cute. But gosh you guys have some weird creatures in Aussie!

Liz said...

How cute is that! LOVE it.

~Liz
www.AGiveawayADay.blogspot.com

Gabrielle said...

How gorgeous, I love the idea of a thorny mountain devil, even though I don't think I've ever seen a real one - if they look anything like your little fella they are cute indeed!

Junika said...

I love these nice stuff here. Esp. colours are great! I wish I could sew something too. I just knit.

Marita said...

I'd be more inclined to pat your version of a thorny mountain devil, love the colours.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen anything like your Thorny Mountain Devil before - but I like it

Miss Smith said...

I love your one, but I must say I also love the real one! How quirky and cool! You Australians are spoilt for interesting critters.