Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Lawns

It's raining again - usually the start of November has meant sunshine, but not this year. I am sure I can see the grass growing before my eyes. The lawnmower broke down again on the weekend. Chris has been talking about getting a ride on one for ages, so I think between dealing with the crappy lawnmower and this great news today he might get his wish. Then hopefully our summer weekends might be a little less stressful and we can all spend some time doing things we enjoy rather then swearing at the lawnmower.
A doll and some little shoes we dropped off today for a new baby called Charlotte.
I've been experimenting with whales and I think I need to do a bit more experimenting. It is kind of half way there.



19 comments:

Rachael said...

We got our new lawnmower after the last interest rate cut - I do believe that lawnmowers are the new 'black' as my friends also just got a new one. Is that all the 30 somethings do these days? Mow lawns? I think so...

Sue said...

It must be the time of year for lawnmowers to break down. We knew of 3 people whose broke down last month. Love the pressie, so adorable and the whale is very cute.

Jodie said...

ACK !!! Love the whale, that spray of water is pure genius ...

Celia said...

Oh, the whale is amazing! A great holiday gift!
Lovely!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love the whale's water spout! Darling doll too.

Erna said...

very cute whale! Maybe you should try one placing the eyes further towards his tale? just an idea! love the fabrics!

liset said...

The whale is COOL! I love his three hairs! And the fabric on this tummy is very cool too.

Anonymous said...

I just wish I had some grass to cut!! Love the whale.
lisa x

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift! They will be cherished. You are on the right track with that whale! I love your translation of the water coming from the spout. You must have such patience!

Anonymous said...

Love all your recent posts Kate. What a wonderful 1st quilt you've made and even better that it is still alive (only 5 years old isn't it?)
Love your pheasant shirts. Would love one myself.

Kris said...

Lucky Charlotte!!!

I love your whale's water spout. It is pure genius!

Michelle said...

the whale looks great - pure genius for the water spout.

Jenny said...

Great whale!

naomi said...

I love the whale!! looks perfect to me.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that whale is just soooo great!! I love him!!

jacquie said...

a whale..i love whales...i love that whale. great job!

Chickpea said...

Kate,
about the whale: I like the idea about moving the eye. I also think maybe the head should be larger/taller.
just a thought ^_^

Di said...

I like the whale - particularly the water spout!!

tutietutu said...

I lOVE that whale!!!!