Monday, August 04, 2008

Yarn Dyeing

My yarn dyeing from last week. I've been putting off posting these as I just can't seem to photograph yarn and I thought I would try and get some better ones, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Sock Yarn

Corina - thanks for your comment and questions about dressing twins. You didn't leave an email address so I'll answer here. I do try to buy things in twos, not neccessarily the same - I actually prefer similiar not the same - just a personal preference. I will buy two of the same if they want the same clothes otherwise I get different colours and they get to choose which colour they want. Grace has a thing for green so she usually gets to have green and Milly really likes red. I just have a one stack of t-shirts and they share them, the same with socks, singlets etc. I do make two of everything when I make things. the girls usually help to choose the fabric I use. I am sure all of this will change as they get older but it seems to work for now. If you have more questions just email me and we can talk twins.

16 comments:

Sue said...

I love all those yarns Kate. It sounds so sensible the way you choose their clothes, how clever of you.

Michelle said...

i love the pictures they look great.the colours are amazing.

Anonymous said...

love them all, top one is my fav though!

Gabrielle said...

Wow, I love your dyed yarns - is it very hard to do? I've been poring over Koigu yarns online, just for the amazing colours (so much more inspiring than the drab offerings at spotlight and lincraft) but yours look even better - so impressed!

Louise said...

That yarn is great! What sort of dyes do you use? I particularly like the third one (those greens and blues are wonderful).

Annie said...

I was very interested in the twins talk. I think you are wonderful managing 2 - I had enough trouble one at a time. Love the wool.

Anonymous said...

I think you did a great job catching the gorgeous colours in the photos!
And you are just like me with dressing my girls.. I like them to 'go together' and 'match' but not to wear exactly the same thing... almost impossible at times. Early on we allocated Izzy pink and Zoe green (though she has now switched to blue) when we were out to help people tell them apart and that rule has stuck as far as kinder goes.. but the rest of the time it is a clothes free for all these days. Often they insist I buy them two exactly the same items and I cringe but do it!

our shabby cottage said...

Hi Kate, what are you worrying about re the photos. they all look great and very professional too. Oh, and the yarn looks great too!!!
I missed out on your platypus...mwah, mwah, :0(
Kathryn

Black Eyed Susie said...

Wow, I get so envious of all the beautiful things you make! You have a great eye for colour.

Anonymous said...

oh I forgot to mention that I saw your work at the Freo art centre shop, I recognised it straight away. So cute, well done.

melissa said...

beautiful, beautiful yarn. you're so clever. :)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous yarn! Love the colors and I think the photo's are great. ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice work

Love the one in the bottom right hand corner. Look forward to seeing what is created from these.

HeavenLee Creations said...

Hi Kate, the wool looks fab! Love the pics, they always look great! I love the idea of doing photo's in a block.... I might pinch that idea, if you don't mind.... Keep up the sewing! Lee

Nic said...

I read your blog eagerly as I too like crafting and have identical twin boys- I don't know how you manage to do what you do! I have three boys, with the twins as 2 & e3. I tend to dress them the similarly but not the same because it is easier. I usually have things hanging in twos which just makes for ease in the mornings. I tend to put Benji in blue because everyone can remember that - and Spencer is in the other colour I can get.. you must find the colour palete limited for girls too. I love what you make and your wools are truly beautiful. Thanks for a great blog..Nic

sammyjo said...

I like the wool colours, so far i can only manage different shades of the same colour :) The pics look great