Saturday, August 23, 2008

Baby Wraps

I thought I would share one of the very useful things I have bought for babies, as opposed to all the other stuff you buy that people tell you you'll need or baby shops try to sell you, most of it is never used and just clutters up your house until you eventually get rid of it.
Baby wraps have been so useful. I didn't use them much with the twins. Chris and I would wear one each when we were out together. With Eva I use them all the time. I could not imagine trying to shop without it. I stick her in the wrap and then I have both hands free to deal with the twins and push the trolley etc. Eva is really happy in there as she can see everything and can have a little nap if she wants to. My favourite sling is this one in the picture, a Storchenwiege. It is really strong and not stretchy. I find the stretchy ones end up hanging down too low and then my back hurts, but with this one once she is in and you are comfortable you stay that way. The more you wear one the quicker and easier it is to put on and put the baby in.

12 comments:

Michelle said...

I used a wrap as well when Miss M was younger - was invaluable! I haven't heard of this one- will check it out for use with baby #2 as I did use a stretchy and yes, it did make my back hurt!

Amy Seven-Stitches said...

I will have to look into this type. I use a cozy carrier and love it. I adore the sleepy hugs you get when they fall asleep in the carrier.

raining sheep said...

Yeah, those are really cool. I wish they had those when I had my babies...I see a few moms with those and it is just so practical.

Michelle said...

I love wearing my baby too. Was a bit intimidated by the wraps so I have a Mei Tai which is fantastic. So much easier to manage than a pram, especially with a toddler in tow.

Michelle

tea time and roses said...

I love the way the wrap allows baby to be so close to your heart. Such a sweet photo!

Smiles...

Beverly

Sue said...

Oh what a sweet photo. Wish they had those when mine were little.

our shabby cottage said...

Cute photo Kate. Eva looks so snuggly! Kathryn.

Jenny said...

She looks as snug as a bug in a rug!Such a lovely photo.

Mette (Mettuska) said...

Sweet couple you are! =)

periwinkle said...

she does look cosy - i borrowed a friends to try and was just too scared that he was going to fall out!! He's a bit big for one now.
lisa x

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't wait to 'wrap' my baby..I've done it with all of them, and indeed it's so handy to have both hands free!

Mel @ Skye Rocket Sews said...

I'm so with you there.
With my first I used a baby borjn for about 5 mins,hopeless and then after putting off making one,I finally bought a ring slingne when Skye was almost 1...it's ao great..we've only just stopped usinng it and she's nearly 2!