Friday, June 09, 2006

It's a Beetle!

Chris thought this was a dust mite. It is definetely a beetle! I was inspired by Eric Carle's The Very Clumsy Click Beetle. I need to get a copy of this for the girls (can't have too many Eric Carle books). I am finding children's books to be great inspiration not just for softies, but for quilts and applique and colour schemes.
So this is my beetle prototype. I just need to fix it a little and the next one probably needs some stitchery or applique inspired by Jean Ray Laury on its wings. I can already see theis morphing into a new spider or a new frog design - yes still on the hunt for the perfect frog.
Chris has been to the toy library again. And the girls love it!

3 comments:

Ali said...

I'd be very pleased to find this beetle in my house! He's so cute (as are your girls!).

Angela said...

Cute beetle!

Gina said...

Your, beetle, drool, drool, so cute!!!